Maths » Secondary Extension
Extending your child's maths skills
Children who are naturally 'good at maths' are our future mathematicians, scientists, engineers and inventors. They deserve as much attention as students who are struggling with numeracy and maths skills.
If test results and school reports show that your child has high maths ability, NumberWorks'nWords can help to accelerate and broaden his or her learning. We can also coach effective exam techniques, to ensure success with future exam challenges.
Following careful assessment, we will design a programme that extends your child's skills and knowledge in an interesting, enjoyable way. Always we'll take special care to ensure that foundational concepts are truly understood before moving forward.
We have been perfecting our teaching methods for more than 25 years, so you can be sure that your child will be learning effectively.
NumberWorks'nWords is successful because it provides:
- Individualised tuition with specially trained tutors to allow the student to work independently at his or her level and pace under the guidance of a trained NumberWorks'nWords tutor.
- Programmes developed by qualified maths experts that are continually being refined and updated.
- Goals for each child to work towards and achieve, set with input from you. Feedback between teachers, parents and children is central to the success of our programme.
Find out how your child is doing. Book a free assessment now.
What you'll notice at a tutoring session
- A busy, productive atmosphere with students and tutors all actively and happily occupied
- An effective learning environment based on success and enjoyment
- Students fully-engaged with their individual learning programmes
- Tutors working with students, when one-on-one attention is required
- Mini celebrations, as success is rewarded with certificates, treats and games
- The manager circulating - talking with parents, tutors and students to keep everything on track
15 years old
Enrolled 1 year
We have found NumberWorks'nWords invaluable
As the parents of a child who is currently working in a maths extension class we have found NumberWorks'nWords invaluable.
It enables her to work within the levels set with more confidence. She is able to go to them on a regular basis with any problems she has come across and work through them. Once she has worked through the problem she is able to have an individual programme set that will reinforce what she has been taught. She is able to work at her own level on her own computer knowing there is a tutor always at hand should she have any questions.
Last but by no means least we never have to make her attend NumberWorks'nWords as she finds it a fun environment to be in.
14 years old
Enrolled 2 years
He went into the exam feeling confident
Thomas was very focused this year on doing well in his end of year exams. Although he already had a good grasp of maths, he felt he didn't. He wanted to pass well to keep his options open for next year.
NumberWorks'nWords gave Thomas a good understanding of the curriculum and more importantly he went into the exam feeling confident that he knew the material and could give it his best shot.
We were thrilled with his results, as he was, getting 75% in IGCSE end of year maths exam.
Find a centre
Find a programme
What people say about us
My child has struggled with Maths from day one. It is with great relief that she is now performing at an age appropriate level and more importantly is enjoying...
I'm very impressed with your tutoring staff, as a parent I really appreciate the level of communication with me...
I'm pleased to report my child read his first 'chapter book' today. This is a major advance for him - something I know he would have waited a lot longer to have achieved...